Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epiphany

Hello,

Epiphany is here so the Christmas decorations are coming down, slowly, but coming down. The advent wreath was easy since it has its own box. At some point my children asked me to label furniture so that they would know, after Leroy and I had died, the source of items. This is a good idea when talked about but takes more effort for this chick to put into reality. I have decided this year I would put notes or a big sheet explaining the Christmas things. How long will it take me to put these things away? It will be a long time. Or maybe it will be a short time because I have almost everything strewn out on the floor behind me and I do not like looking at that even if it is in the basement that I can escape from.

I have finally uploaded our Christmas pictures. There are over 80 pictures in the file, but you are welcome to look at as much or little as you would like. I have left all duplicates or duds in as our children have not looked at them yet. Why I think they would be interested in duplicates or duds I am not sure. Leroy told me he had worked on taking out the red eye, but I still see quite a bit, but then maybe he got tired and quit before the job was done.

Enough Christmas stuff. Last night I thought the music went well for the children’s event. I enjoyed doing it. It has been a long time since I have done something like this. Our oatmeal eating reputation is getting solidified. Because of the number of boxes people seemed to think we must be eating it for more than just breakfast. I was glad to have those boxes as the children enjoyed beating their drums and imitating walking as we sang “As with Gladness Men of Old.” The little ones sang la-la and the older kids read and sang the words.

Tonight is an Epiphany service at one of the other Lutheran churches in town. I am looking forward to that. Can you imagine that people seldom say, “We get to go to church again today!” Seems something is not in our sights as a good thing.

Paula

No comments: