Monday, January 10, 2011

Out of town

Hello,

Leroy had a meeting in Iowa City today. I went along so at noon we met another couple we had known when Leroy was at the seminary. It was great since we have not spent time with them in years. The conversation just slipped into place with little hesitation. It is so wonderful to have friends like that.

I even found a pair of boots there. We will see if they are the perfect match. I told the clerk that I did not come into town often and how long would I be able to keep them without wearing them outside and still return them if they were not really a good fit. She said I could take forever. My plan is to put them on in the house, put on my pedometer, and walk at least a mile or more. If there is pain before that I will know what to do.

We are supposed to get snow today and tomorrow. We were grateful to get home before there was any sign of snow. The road workers were out coating the road with the magic snow/ice melting liquid. The roads were white but quite dry.

Leroy was quite pleased to see three hawks sitting so he could get a good look. I only caught sight of one of them, but it was a beauty.

We did have to come back in plenty of time so Leroy could get to his evening meetings. Before he left the house, he even got to eat a light supper of leftovers. Sometimes I am happy to have leftovers. They come through when time is short.

Paula

No comments: