Friday, January 21, 2011

Flowers

Hello,

I am so fortunate to have some color from flowers in my house. The poinsettia is still looking good even though it has dropped some of the green leaves. All of the red leaves are clinging to the stem and look great.

Then there are the two Christmas cactus. Both of them are still blooming. The smaller one is doing the best as it has all season. I finally moved the larger older cactus to a different spot because it was getting too much southern sun. It likes this much better.

Then I have those five amaryllis in pots. One of them is sending up two bud stalks. Two others are each sending up one bud stalk. Because of being in the pots all summer I would not have been surprised if there were no bud stalks. As it is I have much to look forward to.

And there is still some color outside, but not on the ground in the early morning. Leroy and I walked this morning even though the thermometer registered -10 F. It was a crisp cold, but not so penetrating because of the still air. We both were quite bundled with only a slit of eyes showing for Leroy and nose and eyes for me. Leroy wears a face mask and leaves his glasses at home. I wear my glasses because if my nose is covered my breath causes the glasses to fog up. Consequently my nose gets to experience the air. I did take off my glasses and tuck them in my pocket about half way because I could then cover my chilly nose. However that did not last long because I can not see the ground and there was too much snow and ice for me to feel comfortable. When I put my glasses back on I spotted four deer looking at us. As we watched two more deer joined them. It was a great morning walk with the sun putting some beautiful multicolored light in the sky before it came up.

Paula

No comments: