Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Thoughts and Happenings

Hello,

We ate all the smelly cheese before Christmas, but the smell lingered in the house for a couple days. Then there is that scent on the fingers or it is in the nose after eating it, lingering, lingering. Sarah and Stephen had some cheese that they use to make raclette. It is also a bit pungent, but not so much. Anyway they had some ends in the refrigerator that Leroy and I enjoyed eating, especially melted on bread.

One really nice thing about a Christmas Birthday is that I generally celebrate with some family around as families tend to get together on Christmas.

The sidewalks in both parks across the street are in great shape so we can walk on them even in deep darkness without worrying about tripping over the unexpected and unseen crack. They even clear the snow off the miles.

It warmed up after we came home. The greatest thing about that was that I could bury all of the compostable garbage that I had been unable to just throw out. I talked about taking it out and tossing it in the empty bean field, but Leroy was against that so I just kept flinging it into a five gallon bucket in the garage. Luckily it was frozen along with the ground so no mess, no smell. Now it is frozen so once again the bucket has been called into service.

Last night I begged Leroy to play a game. We played Boggle because I like it and I usually win, but I generously proposed that we only play three games to keep it light and easy for Leroy. Leroy won the first game and tied for the next two. So we played at least three more. Leroy either won or tied. I was distraught. What could be wrong? Is it because we were sitting on the floor? Leroy just smiled with a the grin stretching from one side of his face to the other. The world is certainly changing for the worse. I also had trouble with Sudoku yesterday. Such times.

Paula

No comments: