Monday, January 31, 2011

Waiting for Snow and Reminiscing

Hello,

A big snow has been predicted. The church has already cancelled some things for Wednesday. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to get my permanent crown. I hope I can get that done as I would like to be done with this even though it has been little trouble. I do notice that it is more difficult now to chew on that side of my mouth.

It did snow some this afternoon, but only a dusting or maybe half an inch. Most of it is to come tomorrow and tomorrow night. Since my appointment is in the morning I just might be fine.

Daughter Miriam, who books flights for her husband’s company is booking a flight for someone to go to Scotland and Turkey. Can you imagine that she is asking her parents about procedures in the Istanbul airport? We did go there in 2001. I am still amazed by that fact. Leroy said, “You should volunteer to go along if they pay your way and you could handle the details.”

That would be especially good if they need someone to weep if things go wrong. I never actually did that, but I was close. It was in Istanbul that Leroy got off the crowded tram and I could not get to the door before it closed. Some of the guys on the tram had been visiting with us about where we were from, etc. Seeing the terror on my face, one of them told me what I should do, “Get off at the next stop and follow the tram tracks back. You will find each other.”

I did not tell him that I did not have any money with me so I could not get around so well on my own. I only had a vague notion of the name of our lodging. Luckily I did find Leroy waiting at the tram stop. Generous Leroy then gave me 15 million lira so I would not be destitute and I had from then on a copy of the name and phone number of the place we stayed. Experience is a good teacher if not too expensive.

Paula

No comments: