Sunday, January 23, 2011

Walked and Napped

Hello,

Leroy frequently naps and I almost never do. Today we both napped. What is happening? Am I getting old? I even stayed in bed an hour, asleep more than half the time.

After our nap I encouraged Leroy to walk. He did not want to, but when I said, “I am going anyway.” He went too. I think he felt he should go along just incase I would fall and need help. There are few other walkers out there now and many slippery spots. He enjoyed it after I shared a head band that he could use to cover his nose. It was a little nippy, but not too bad. We have gotten used to having our faces covered. I have a head thing that I bought on clearance last year. It can be worn just on the head as a cap, pulled down and just on the neck as a neck gaiter or on the head like a hood with the neck and face covered too if you please. I had no idea that I would like it so much. Since the first cold snap in December, I have worn it almost everyday on our walks. It is great. Leroy is jealous. I have not seen any in stores this year so perhaps they were just an experiment last year.

I still find my new boots to be comfortable and I am grateful for that. When it is really cold or other adverse conditions I still wear the Sorrels, but they are not quite so good for taking a long walk, as a bit more of a goose step is required and that wears me out.

We walked by the ice skating pond. Surprisingly the snow as not been cleared from it even thought it has not been above 30 in recent days. Someone had tried to clean off a corner, but it was not big.

Each day we get a dusting of snow that just enough to make us question if we should shovel or not. Also it makes our ice layer more slippery.

This week I will get another free haircut if I can get an appointment. I really do not like going to a new place, but am too cheap to not use this opportunity. At least Leroy does not need a haircut so I do not have to share with him.

Paula

No comments: