Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shopping

Hello,

Leroy has decided that one of his sports coats is just too old and frayed for wear in public any more. Because several stores were having sales I went shopping this morning. Leroy was working so he could not come. I do not like to shop on Saturday because I suspect there will be too many people. Well, it is not so true when the temperature is 5 degrees and it is early in the morning. In the first store I felt like the only customer.

I did find a sports coat even though they are apparently a seldom purchased item. It was 65% off so that made it possible, but when Leroy saw the price on the receipt he gasped. However after looking at the original price, trying it on, noticing the quality of the workmanship, and learning it was the only one of this style in his size, he has decided to keep it. I also looked in some other stores, but I have to say that he is getting hard to fit. He used to wear a 40 reg. and now he wears 38 reg. There are not many things in that size. Sometimes there were no smalls only mediums or larger.

While I was out I looked for some boots for me. That was a hard job as many of the stores did not have much in my size. They told me the boots were quite picked over and they only get a few in my size. Two of those in my size seemed too tight or short. That is hard for my ego. I was wearing my wool socks since that is what I would probably wear in the boots. Is it the socks or are my feet growing again at this late date?

It was zero this morning when we walked. Because there was little or no wind we did not mind so much, but Leroy had a meeting at 8:00 so we could not dilly dally. Venus is beautiful in the south east. You should check it out.

Paula

No comments: