Saturday, January 29, 2011

Plant Love Affair

Hello,

Yesterday day Leroy had an appointment at the chiropractor so I went along to get my free plant since the green house was almost in the area.

It was such a nice visit to all of the plants. The one that was free was a succulent. There were so many succulents to choose from. Many of them I had never seen before. I wanted more but restrained myself. The owner did say that you could start more from almost any of them. She then proceeded to break off the top of one and strip off the bottom leaves. I then learned that I had three possibilities of new plants. I took those parts and chose a different plant to bring home. It looks quite fine sitting in my living room.

I also tried to buy some saucers to go under two pots and those also became a gift. We had quite a nice chat learning that she had gone to Luther College in Decorah just as Leroy and I had. When we left I said, “Leroy that is some place I would like to volunteer. Do you suppose you can do that at a business?”

Leroy got a new pillow because he has been having a little trouble with his neck. It is a water pillow. That means he can adjust the firmness to suit his needs. He will try that tonight.

I went across the street to the grocery store and discovered that they were selling their soy milk for 99 cents when it is usually $1.98. I got just six as I only had seven dollars with me. When Leroy was done we went back and got a case since he had more money. It is nice to be well supplied. The expiration date is not until September so age is not a problem.

What a great outing.

Paula

No comments: