Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another Lost Item Found

Hello,

While looking for another “Christmas tree” brush to clean the spaces between my teeth I noticed that the box where we keep our travel items was so full it would not close. By the way I think that brush is an interdental brush which is shaped like a Christmas tree. Looking in the box I started to see what I could take out of that travel supply box only to find my eye cream Christmas gift from Miriam. I was sure that it was gone forever either left at Sarah’s house or lost in the airport security. Instead it was safely packed away at my house.

I now remember having Leroy take it since I had more liquids to go through security than he did. He had it in his bag and kindly put it away as if it were a travel item rather than something to keep me looking young. I did not know whether to kiss him or growl at him. Isn’t life just full of situations that can be felt either way? I growled a little then moved on to hugging and kissing.

I found something else that makes me happy, but it is a slightly different scenario. Leroy and I were out shopping yesterday and stopped at a shoe store because Leroy keeps talking about hiking boots for his next mountain hiking trip. He wasn’t buying, but just looking. As we were standing there the young, maybe 25 year old shoe salesman asked for the brand name of the shoes I was wearing. After supplying the information I asked if he knew of anything I could put on them to take away the scuffs. “Oh, sure,” he said bending down to pull a tub of supplies from under a chair.

Then he proceeded to put a leather wax on the rough spots. It is as if I have a new pair of shoes. I am delighted that I can wear these shoes much longer now in polite and discriminating company. Even though I thought the wax a bit pricy I gratefully bought a can. Surely, now Leroy can help some of his shoes too even though he polishes them.

Paula

No comments: