Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thinking of home

Hello,

Jen is home now. I could have headed for home, but wanted to be sure that she was here to take over before I left. Because of thinking she might not be here on time as one never knows with air travel, I did not tell the kids good-bye. I know they both said they wanted me to stay another day, they even talked of me coming to live with them. But I feel that when Mom is home I might fade into the background. All schedules were met this morning without a hitch. I did not tell so many stories in the car on the way to daycare because I thought the pavement might be a trace slippery so I kept more than half a mind on the road and traffic. Perhaps this evening I can tell a couple more stories. Sophia was pleased that I even told one story she had not heard before.

I have taken two walks today with a grateful heart that I did bring my down coat. During the first days it did not seem necessary. I did not put on my windbreaker pants, but wished that I had brought one wool sweater. I am not as warm as I like when sitting around. I suppose I could turn up the heat more, but hate to do that. It is nice when I am at home and I can make the adjustments to my coverings.

I looked for the white squirrel today, but did not see it. I only saw two gray squirrels when they ran across the snow. Yesterday I noticed that the white animal looked like a clump of snow.

I am proud of myself because I figured out how to eliminate the keyboard sounds on my new phone. I am not sure why anyone would want all that noise. It should have been easier to find the solution which was buried at least two layers deep.

Sophia used my phone to take several pictures. She declares my phone to be the best. Is that because she does not handle her parents’ phones very often and mine seemed so available or because she could move around so easily with mine. I learned without Sophia’s help how much it cost to send a picture to someone else and how much it costs to access the internet when one does not have a calling plan, but just a prepaid set up. I believe I could burn through a lot of minutes in a short time. Oh well, at home and away I will just use the tablet and Wi-Fi.

Tomorrow I will see Leroy again. That guy made granola while I was gone, I know because he called for the recipe. Nice he is so capable.


Paula

No comments: