Saturday, January 3, 2015

Alone

Hello,

Leroy and I are now adjusting to the two of us living in one place without others. It is an easy adjustment. Not as fun and exciting, but easy to slip into the known routines. Quiet! Leroy and I are rather staid and set in our ways.

It was great once again to see all of our children in the same place at the same time. One of the granddaughters told me in a little aside that it was great to be with her cousins, making my heart swell. I have often wondered if they would get along since they see each other so seldom. All seemed to go well.

The day after Christmas, Sarah and her girls headed to Iowa with us in a full, but not totally stuffed car.

I wondered briefly if I should have planned something to do for these seven days that were stretching ahead of us. Planning is not my forte in life; I would rather just go along for the ride. Leroy seems to plan well at work, but apparently he uses up his quota so nothing much gets planed for home. Complimenting each other would be a better deal, but we work with what we get.

Going back to the week that was, it went so rapidly that I can hardly tell you what happened. No child mentioned being bored very often. There were libraries to go to, books to read, pictures to create, walks to take (even though it was quite cool), and movies to watch.

Laughter, tickling, yoga, and games all happened to create some interest. Sarah even had a little time to visit with some of her high school classmates.


Paula

No comments: