Sunday, January 4, 2015

Technology

Hello,

New technology is always surprising and amazing me. As a birthday gift, my children and husband gave me a tablet/keyboard combination. They surprised me as we are generally low key for birthdays. Just a little thing I thought of I, alone, in the family am often with family for my birthday because of that Christmas birthday. But they knew we had been looking at tablets and Leroy will also use it, perhaps more than I will, especially in the beginning. For example when we got the laptop I did not use it, but once I started I almost never put a finger on the desk top.

Sarah and her girls were checking out the tablet camera feature. They took a few pictures of themselves. I decided since it was my device I should get in a picture too. Click and the picture appeared on the screen. Amazing! This technology switched out my picture for someone else. The person almost looked like me but with some significant differences. The first big difference was that her neck had what could politely be called an almost waddle. Oh, my, where did they get this picture and how did they change it so fast, in the blink of an eye? A few strong facial wrinkles next caught and held my attention. When I rolled my eyes up I noticed graying and thinning hair. Maybe I will look like this in about 10 or 20 years, but surely not now.

I will have to say that new technology is nice, but people who can create such advances should think about making people look younger not older. In our youth loving culture they would certainly sell a lot more products. Now my task is to find myself and put me back in the picture as I really look. Do you think I can solve this problem? For some reason I was the only changed one. Sarah and her girls looked just like they always do, beautiful!


Paula

No comments: