Sunday, January 18, 2015

Runners

Hello,

On the walk to church this morning we met five runners and could see two more in the distance. Then there was the couple in running gear at the gas station with dog in tow. Or perhaps the little dog was towing them. They had gotten a coffee or some drink so perhaps the gear did not indicate running. At the moment there was no forward movement. Running report was just gleamed from circumstantial evidence.

On the way home there were again runners greeting us. Later in the afternoon I glanced out the window and spotted three more runners. Oh, I should get out there. But I did walk two miles. For some reason I am not getting much exercising done on a daily basis. In the past I have had regularly scheduled times and that made it all happen. Now I put it on my “to do” list but it seems not to get done. Too often at the end of the day it is still waiting to be crossed off.

I have cooked a small pumpkin today and made some pumpkin bread that has variations to it. It has some coconut oil as the shortening, along with molasses instead of sugar. I reduced both of those items from the recipe. Then there is the addition of some cranberries. We will eat it even if it does not taste as fine as it could. Hope is abounding that we will be impressed.

I looked at a website for a shoe company. They even talked about Morton’s Neuroma. The one thing that is a little bothersome was that they do not make half sizes. The instructions are to go with the smaller size. Trying on before buying would appear to be beneficial.

Maybe then I could run once again if I had the right shoes. Walking if I do it often enough will be the perfect answer.


Paula

No comments: