Friday, January 16, 2015

Leroy's Days Off

Hello,

Leroy goes from a week where he does not have a complete day off to one that has two and a half days in a row. It all takes some adjustment and flexibility. Luckily the full time parish job in his earlier life has prepared him for such variations in schedule. I think I learned in that past life as well. I do not pay so much attention, but I do ask if he will be around or not.

Leroy did some hospital calling this morning and then he was free to hang out. We went shopping and it was a good thing for him because he found a bargain on pant hangers at the second hand store where we were looking at the possibility of curtains or curtain rods in our bedroom. We have blinds in there, but I am hard on them as I like to put them up each day. They do not last long with my strong hand on them. I thought curtains might be able to outlast me. We will see what we can find.

We also looked for thumb tacks. One store had a pkg. of 300 for one dollar. Another had 200 for two dollars. Neither is so much money, but I only wanted two of these tacks. I refused to deal with 298 or 198 of them when I was done. Leroy had looked at home and located none. This afternoon I looked in a place Leroy had not thought of and found six. I am grateful that we did not buy those extras.

I have had steel cut oats in the past but my source had too much hull in it, so I quit purchasing it. I bought some once more, but am not very successful in cooking it. I tried the crock pot, but it was quite dry in the morning and much stuck to the pot. Then I tried soaking it over night and cooking in the microwave that worked, but seemed a lot of trotting back and forth. Then I tried in the pan on the stove, but did not closely read the directions and boiled it over three times more than I wanted to. I will try that again and leave the lid off as instructed. Do you think that will help? The directions might be good.


Paula

No comments: