Monday, January 26, 2015

Losing my Phone

Hello,

My phone battery was getting very low so it seemed like a good idea to take the charger to work and charge it there. However at work I could not find my phone, only the charging cord. surely my phone would be at home. When i looked it was not in the usual spot. leroy said he too had noticed it was gone. I did some searching around the apartment and found it not. I tried calling it, but it immediately went to voice mail so for sure the battery was now dead. Leroy searched as well. He also found nothing. I was thinking about my trip to MN tomorrow and wanted to have a phone with me. Leroy and I looked in the car and in the garage before going back to Ely.  We took a flashlight and shined it where I had parked, where I walked and then searched inside the library. I had thought I might get a smart phone for my next purchase, but now I wanted a phone fast so I just got another cheap one that I will probably keep for years because it still works.

I am not sure what has happened with my phone records but they tell me that the name recorded for my mother’s maiden name is not the one I am telling them. Neither is my maiden name or Leroy’s mother’s. Beyond that I do not know what to say. I guess they believed me although it took a while to find an email that matched the records with my lost phone. I was able, after two attempts, to use the right zip code for it.  Because we have moved so much it is a hard task to guess which zip code they have. Several years ago we made a card in our address box that has former addresses and phone numbers on it. It is a very handy help.

My new phone still has not started to work so I will probably have to call them again. They did talk about it taking two business days so I will tackle this tomorrow. I have recorded when i have talked to someone as well as theaca name and the ticket number. It is stressful, but I keep telling myself that in terms of all of life it is a small thing.

In the meantime I have Leroy’s phone so he is without for the week. He told me that he would rather I have a phone while traveling. So far no one has tied to call him.  He did, however have something scheduled so it sang to me on the trip up. I can not focus on it while driving. I was able to stope it from singing, but it came back two more times before it was silenced.

Paula

No comments: