Friday, January 9, 2015

Weather

Hello,

This morning Leroy misread the weather prediction, not noticing one small negative sign. Consequently he mixed up his highs and his lows. He said, “It is zero and will get to thirteen, I can easily walk.”

As a result he wore his lighter weight hat and face mask for his walk to church. It was three degrees rather than the balmy thirteen he was expecting when he walked home with a strong wind blowing in around his face. He had a bad headache when he got home for lunch. He compared it to an ice cream headache only maybe worse. He had to sit with his eyes closed for at least five minutes.

Earlier I had also been surprised by the coldness when I went out, however I just shoveled the drifted snow off the sidewalk, walked into the garage, and got in the car which is quite effective at blocking the wind for me.

When I bought the down coat I wondered if I would use it. Since it has gotten colder I have used it every day and been grateful for it. It had seemed quite warm, but now I find that I love having my wool sweaters under it if I am out very long. And wool socks are worn by both of us. I washed a load which included the wool socks today and was surprised at how many were there. Love those sheep contributions to my life!

Leroy and I took the picture back this afternoon only to have the lint thread disappear by the time we got in the store. I suppose it fell down to the bottom with the movement. I did decide to get museum glass and hang the expense. It seems that I am buying happiness because I am unhappy now and hope to be happier later when I see the new result.

I found a Chia hello kitty planter left over from Christmas. It was 90% off. I figure I will enjoy that. Do you think we can eat it when it grows?

Going back to the weather, it states that we are colder than Brian is in St. Paul. Perhaps we should move north?


Paula

No comments: