Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Live and Learn

Hello,

Well would you believe at the end of the day I was not outside waiting for the bus when I should have been.  Sophia did come to the door and knock and I thought I heard the bus at about the same time. I have excuses, whether they are good or not I cannot say. I had set the timer, but for some reason I was five minutes off on that. Guess I cannot add time. Then I was lost in a book and did not think about the time. I felt terrible, but glad that the bus driver allowed Sophia to come to door and knock. So it did not cause more distress.

When I told Leroy about it he said, “I bet you will be out there tomorrow.”

He knows. Brian left his watch with the alarm set, I set the alarm on my new phone, and I have once again set the timer. I made sure the timer will go off ahead of time. No serious book reading for this person today. In the morning I had both the watch and the phone alarm set. The phone rang first. So we were out there in plenty of time, but that was true yesterday in the morning, I just thought the bus had come early.

This morning I looked out in the backyard to see a beautifully white squirrel dashing around the trees and bushes. It was a great experience for the current visual and for the memories it brought forth of when we lived in St. Paul while Leroy was at seminary. There was a white squirrel in our yard there and I so enjoyed looking at it. That was a time of life filled with new experiences. Now I suppose I could say that my life is still filled with new experiences. At least it changes frequently.

How many alarms should I set tomorrow?


Paula

No comments: