Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Exciting Morning

Hello,

Sophia and I delivered Logan to his pre-school. On that short trip I had to tell two stories. I am both pleased and pressured that all my grandchildren want to hear stories about my growing up or of their parents’ formative years. It is a challenge to come up with new stories so I do repeat, but have no compunction about telling them I have run out of new. From time to time I remember something, but that does not happen so often because I have told a lot of stories.

Once we were back home Sophia had a bit of time before the bus would come. I set the timer so we would not forget. Jen was home yesterday to be in charge of all this so I knew the routine.

I was not sure if the bus was to come at 8:10 or we should be out there at 8:10. I asked at 8:00 about that. Sophia said she should be out there. We were down in the mud room getting coats etc. on when I heard the sound of a motor belonging to something larger than a car. I glanced out the high window and noticed flashing lights. “The bus is here,” I stated with an edge of panic.

I popped into the garage, pressed the button for the door to go up, thinking that Jen had said the bus would not even stop if the student were not out, and wondered how the door could be so slow. Sophia hurriedly got her backpack on, carrying her gloves, and her coat flying open. As the door got high enough we both burst into laughter! It was the garbage truck and not the bus. I had a vision of Sophia being picked up and taken to school in a new fashion.

We were in plenty of time for Sophia to zip her coat and put her gloves in her bag. The bus came at the right time and Sophia climbed on the normal way.

I sighed with relief, came in, got out my devotions and settled into a more contemplative mode. After a bit I heard a bell ring downstairs. Brian had told me that the alarm was on in Logan’s room, but he said, “I will turn it off.” So I ignored it. In a bit I heard that bell once more. Later I was downstairs getting ready to run an errand for Brian when I heard it once more in Logan’s room. I could not see how the alarm was set on this clock, but pushed two buttons anyway thinking it could not hurt. Before I left the room I once again heard that bell and realized it was not coming from the clock, but from the bag holding my new phone. When I opened my flip phone I was pleased to see a welcome message. My phone now works. I had understood that I would have to turn it on myself, but it was on without my help. Who knew that could be done remotely?  I am pleased. The only problem is that I have to enter my contacts myself. I can put in Leroy and Brian and any other family members Brian has on his home phone. Life feels like it is stable once more. I wish I could transport Leroy’s phone to him through the air, but it will have to wait and go home with me on Thursday or Friday.


Paula

No comments: