Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh, That Leroy

Hello,

I wanted to tell a tale about Leroy. I asked him if I could write about it and he thinks it is too embarrassing. Personally I think it puts him squarely in the absentminded professor territory even though I have never heard of anyone do this particular thing. It also made me think about how I can start on a task, see something else that needs to be done, start on the new task, and several mini jobs later realize that I never finished the first thing. It seems to me that happens more frequently as I have grown wiser, not older, but wiser.

Surprise, surprise, I did find two birthday gifts for Leroy while I was shopping this morning. One was purchases at Goodwill, but it seems to be new. At least it was snuggled deeply in the original box. Two of the workers there commented that they would like to buy it for themselves, but they are not allowed to buy things from the store where they work.

The other I got in a regular store, but it was on sale about 50% off. Just the way I like it. Leroy did give me a suggestion for a gift for him. Unfortunately I did not write it down so I spent quite a lot of time wondering just what it was. Oh well another day. He also suggested that I get him some winter boots that might be on clearance at our favorite shoe store in St. Paul. I will be going to the Twin Cities on Sunday. The only problem is that Leroy’s feet are often not happy in a shoe even if it is the size he frequently wears. The boots like he likes are not very often in the stores. I believe that even men’s styles do change. Apparently the last time we were in that store he did see some that he wanted, but they were regular price and that was a bit more than he considered paying. So maybe I will find them. We can always send them back to the store if they do not fit. I have done that before.


Paula

No comments: