Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Creeping home

Hello,

Blessed Epiphany to you. During this time find God working in new ways in your life. Leroy packed our Epiphany star with the Christmas things because he did not want to bother going back into those boxes later. However he did not win as we found an additional Christmas item that we had overlooked when packing up. Maybe that item will just go in its own carefully labeled box.

Last night I crept home through the serious snow fall, at the maximum speed of 35 mph. gratefully there was no slipping except once starting at a stop light. Every driver liked my speed so I did not have to concern myself with anyone anxious behind me. Amazingly I was prepared to go a little faster on the Interstate than some others although I was quite happy with the speed around the notorious “S” curve.

All of the way home I kept trying to send Leroy mental messages. I had called him before I left. Was that so he could worry if I had any trouble? My mental message was that he should shovel off the apron by the garage so I could glide in with ease as I negotiated the curve leading up to it. I, perhaps unfairly, felt angry when I saw the blanket of undisturbed snow covering that little incline. He tells me that he did not think of it. I told him to sharpen his ESP skills.

I just stopped the car across the way, opened the garage door, got out the shovel, and went to work. At least I can do that. By the time I saw Leroy I had shoveled out my disgust with him.

Oh by the way, I now understand that it is a wattle on my neck. You know me and spelling. I guess I could just think about my wattle waddling.


Paula

No comments: