Saturday, January 31, 2015

Leroy

Hello,

I was so sure Leroy would be better, but he won. He did not go anywhere all day. He thought he might work in the morning, but was too tired after breakfast. His long nap revived him, but he still was not able to go anywhere even though he did a number of small jobs around here.

I did not really go much either. I think I need a dog to remind me to go take a walk. A dog could be a personal trainer. They never seem to forget what the usual walk time is.

Leroy and I are getting together our financial information so we can speak with a more knowledgeable person than we are. I think the real deal is that neither Leroy nor I care so much about the financial world. We would just like to have things land in our laps in the proper way without effort on our part. Sounds like winning the lottery, doesn’t it? Since we do not play it would be a hard win.

We have eaten many of the greens in our freezer. There are two bags left and both are smaller. I now find that I have four bags of rhubarb in there. I made a crisp today with not enough sugar. We put molasses on it and liked it very well. Back in the old days we used to eat black strap molasses as our sweetener. Somehow I had gotten away from that habit. Reading the nutritional content on the bottle makes me realize that I should do that again. It has quite a lot of calcium and potassium in it.

I am hoping that Leroy will be well enough to go to church tomorrow. Our choir is singing at another church. We can walk there, but it is to be snowy and I am afraid of ice under the snow as it is raining now. But maybe the temps will stay high and I can walk with ease. I certainly do not want to fall especially if I am walking alone.


Paula

No comments: