Saturday, January 10, 2015

Changes

Hello,

I had thought to take the family pictures, from 2009 away from the mat and put them in an album, but when I got home I realized I was not ready to do that. I moved some things in the spare, or Leroy’s bedroom, around I hung that mat up with no frame or glass on it. I like it. I seldom redecorate. Usually, once things are on the wall they stay there until we move. It is called Leroy’s bedroom because he often takes naps there and he has his clothes and stamp collection in that room. I do not spend much time there. Especially not looking in his drawers as his folding standard is different from mine.

One of the things I moved today is a wooden form of a dove with the word Jesus in it. The word is like optical illusion. I realized today that we had it backwards so no wonder I could not see Jesus. Now Jesus is looking down on a print that we bought at an art museum in Germany. The museum was getting rid of some things and it was only two Euros. I am not sure that I like this picture of two rather maudlin people. I guess we bought it because we could. The woman has a cigarette between her fingers and there is a bottle of some type of liquor to the side. All in all it is quite a dark and brooding scene. I wonder if Jesus likes looking at it.

I made a list today and followed almost all of it. I did not take a walk, but I took longer shoveling off the blown in snow. I figured that counted. Also did not yoga or tai chi which were also on my “to do” list. Otherwise I crossed off everything. The house has been dusted and vacuumed everywhere. A feeling of satisfaction comes over me.

I also completed a novel that was not too serious, but I cried at the end. It is The Art of Arranging Flowers. I cannot remember the author’s name. Just before supper, while Leroy took a nap I finished looking at a magazine. It is so great to finish things.


Paula

No comments: