Wednesday, January 14, 2015

At Work Yesterday

Hello,

Before I talk about work yesterday I will let you know that that puzzle vase can be found at “uncommongoods” on the internet. Also there really are some beautiful red roses in that vase, I am not imagining it.

Yesterday at the library, I was calling a patron to let them know that a book they had on hold had been returned. Their phone rang and rang. In the meantime a repeat patron came in to use the computer. He wanted an hour of time rather than the default 30 minutes. Holding the phone to my ear I gave him a pin and told him I would change the time. The phone is ringing and ringing.

Clicking on my computer I saw that the current display was so large that I could not see the icons at the bottom of the screen. I moved the mouse around searching for a way to make it smaller. In the meantime the patron did not realize that he must wait for me to change the time, so he informed me that the pin did not work. I told him that I could not find the program. Then I started talking about where my usual display had disappeared. At that moment my boss returned and asked, “Do you know you have the phone by your ear and you are not talking to it?”

At that point I realized the answering service had come on a while back and I had not responded. I burst out laughing and hung up. She started to help me get to the program we wanted. The man is once again telling us that he cannot access the computer. My boss told him we were trying. All at once I remembered that F11 might make the display not cover the entire screen and it worked. Life returned to normal.

I got the mail and my boss left again. I got the magazines ready to be entered into the catalog. One of them was in its plastic protector. I pulled on that, but it did not open easily. Giving a strong yank it split open, the magazine came out hitting me in the nose. In a matter of seconds I felt fluid coming out my nose. Sure enough I had a nose bleed. Just then my boss phoned, “Do you miss me already?”

“Yes,” I stated, “I have a bloody nose.”

Again we had a good laugh. I think I could be called the entertaining employee of the year.


Paula

No comments: