Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Change

Hello,

I woke this morning at 5:25 am. I was alert enough to get out of bed, grab a jacket, uncover the heat in the computer room, sit down, and start writing three stream of conscious pages in my journal. That felt good. I was even able to read short pieces in two books that I like to connect with. All of this before Leroy woke up and wondered why there was a light on in this room.

Maybe I can do that again tomorrow. I have not walked today, but I did do about 45 minutes of Tai Chi, but then I do that every Tuesday morning when I am home. Now if I could just practice between times I could improve my memory of the form.

I have been reading an interesting book called “Breakfast with Budda” by Roland Merullo. It causes me to think about many things spiritual. It is not an action, mystery, romance or science fiction so it might not appeal to some of you. At church I am participating in a four week class on forgiveness. That also gives some things to think about. My mind is busy even if my body is not so much.

Leroy and I both like the pumpkin/molasses bread that I made. I wish all experimental projects could all turn out so good. I am using up things in the freezer; the back wall is even visible in a few places. Leroy is sure that I will not know how to cook when I have used all of the greens in there. It will be a sad day. I even found some rhubarb in the back that had been hidden. Sarah is planning to come with her girls for their spring break. Rhubarb just might be the treat we all need.

When Sarah’s girls were here we saw some geese fly over in a sloppy v formation. I pointed out the formation but these little perfectionists did not really think it was a v. This morning I saw the perfect v of geese go over. Where were those birds when new people could see them?


Paula

No comments: