Monday, February 24, 2014

Weather

Hello,

I am getting a little tired of the ice because it makes walking more hazardous. Leroy is braver than I am as he steps onto these patches of possible falls. He gets to the end of the patch and looks to see that I made it and then marches on because he knows I can keep up on the clear pavement. I did not think I would complain, but it is creeping up on me. I looked ahead at the weather forecast and we are to still have some morning temps of below zero. Not much melting for a while. This is not MN so why cold so long?

We will visit Brian this weekend and true to form they will have quite low temps. Brian also tells me that they have about three feet of snow on the ground. Surely it will still be there when we arrive.

At church someone commented that the birds are singing and they have seen some robins so spring is coming. I’ll bet the buzzards or vultures are not back as they surely cannot smell their food rotting in this cold. Spring will be a little while. With all of this I am grateful for a warm place to be. At times I am sorry that I gave away my down coat, but pleased that someone else could use it for such a long time. After all it did not fit my head very well. Besides I have survived quite well on my mile long walks without it. I had hoped to get another on the clearance sales, but I waited too long. I have rather long arms and none of the available had long enough sleeves.

One thing about prior experience is that the next time it is so much easier to do the job. This year Leroy did not hesitate to get an appointment to get our taxes done as we had been through it last year. One of our forms was a bit late so we will not get this done until the end of March as that was the first available date. Leroy especially likes to tend to this matter much sooner, but it is still in plenty of time.


Paula

No comments: