Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fruit Riches

Hello,

I went to a church women’s breakfast this morning, Saturday February 15. We were to bring a dish to share. I made a fruit salad. So now I am reveling in much off season fruit in the house. We have fresh pineapple, grapes, and strawberries in addition to the oranges, apples, and bananas that we have as staples during this season. Personally I thought all this made a nice mixture.

When buying the grapes, it was difficult to find a box that looked good, but I wanted grapes because I know that Leroy is especially fond of them. At the check the person working said, “I cannot sell you these grapes they do not look very good.”

“But I want grapes and they all looked a little odd,” I responded.

I will ring them up, you can pay, leave the cart here by me, and go back to find some better ones,” she said. When I came back she thought my second choice was better, but that she needed to go back and go through the grapes. I have never had such a thing happen before.


Paula

No comments: