Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Leroy is Busy

Hello,

Leroy is just such an industrious person. He has now cleaned out the front closet and restored everything to its proper place. In the process he found a light that had been needed for the light in one of the bedrooms. We had purchased another set of four to get that going again. Leroy had assured me that he had carefully looked for and not found a replacement light. “Are you becoming one of those people who cannot find their supplies and then purchases more?” I demanded grumpily.

“I hope not,” Leroy meekly replied. I am glad to hear that as I have no desire to have duplication in my life. One set of something is quite enough to drag us down.

Leroy cleaned out and refolded items in his dresser drawers. I have not inspected, but I will say they look better than they did. He found some things there that he can eliminate from his clothes, a too large sweater and a pair of mittens. Inspired by that I found a jacket and a new pair of gloves that are too tight for my fingers.  Hate to give them away, but there is no hope for my fingers to get shorter in a painless manner. One of my sweatshirts was also added to the pile. Wednesday, Leroy is going to volunteer at the museum. Because winter is still here, on the way home he can drop off these winter items at the mission that helps homeless people. It is wonderful to get some more things out of our house. I have a few more items that probably should go, but I have not yet reached the emotional point of parting with them.

Now I should work on my closet and dresser drawers in the next few days, right? While the tossing spirit is in residence! After all we have been here for almost two years and items are clinging to us.


Paula

No comments: