Monday, February 3, 2014

Sun Shine

Hello,

The sun shining in the computer room is beautiful as it lights up the two poinsettias sitting there. A bright yellow primrose is also giving its small but best show. The shamrock is not blooming, but it offers wonderful green color. What beauty is mine!

In spite of the cold I have recently taken two good walks. Saturday I just went around a large section of the blocks close to the house. On Sunday we walked the mile to church. On the way we learned that it was two degrees F. The wind was not strong or it was at our backs so even that was a pleasant fifteen minute walk. We do not loiter on the cooler days.

Someone at church asked me if I had made a cake for Leroy. Oops! Forgot! I explained that usually we have pie instead. When I got home I asked Leroy what he wanted. He replied, “Pineapple squares.”

Luckily I had the ingredients for that so it was doable even if I had not made this recipe in some years. That smart guy knew I did not have the ingredients for many pies. It was a recipe that my mother used to make. I, however, did not frost them. We ate it last night because I work from 1pm to 8 pm today and Leroy works from 8 am to 5 pm. Consequently we see little of each other on Mondays and Tuesdays. With Leroy’s more abbreviated work schedule I am not sure how it will all be scheduled. He is thinking that he might work on Monday and Wednesday.

At any rate with all this togetherness we are getting some cleaning done. We did the kitchen Saturday. We managed to keep arguments to one, but it was a good one. Leroy was upset because I “horned” in on his territory. I am going to try to watch that in the future. Even at age 66 I still have more social skills to acquire and put in my pocket. Will I ever learn it all?


Paula

No comments: