Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Perfect Excuses

Hello,

I had an appointment this morning. I was late, but I had perfect excuses, none of this “dog ate it” stuff from me. First the phone rang when I was about ready to leave. It was my boss and we had some issues to discuss. Then I decided I had better go to the bathroom before I leave. After that it was fine getting in the car and out into the alley.

In the alley however, the garage door remote in the car would not work. Cold weather seems to be a factor. The car must be quite close and aimed directly at the garage door for this to operate. This morning’s negative temps were too much. At least the one in the garage works perfectly. At any rate I had to park the car, get out, walk carefully over the three inch jagged ice into the garage, push the button, unlock the side door, step out, relock the side door, walk back to the car over even more perilous ice along the side of the garage, get into the car, and start to drive up the alley.

A parked van blocked the end of the alley I normally use. That meant being a bit off my usual path. So I decided to just simply go a different way, after all I know that way, but the other way seems more direct.

Pot holes rule these days. I try valiantly to avoid them. It would be much easier if I were driving the only car out there. As it is I have to dodge cars as well. Makes a trip quite exciting! Because I was on the road less traveled the pot hole map was not in my brain requiring special alertness.

On the way home I stopped at Goodwill for their 25 cent Wednesday sale on clothes. I found three long sleeved shirts for Leroy. He says that he does not need any more, but he complains some days about his choices. I figure this way if he likes only one it is a 75 cent shirt and the others go back. Or maybe it is two shirts for 37.5 cents. Or the ultimate deal of three shirts for 25 cents each. If he does not like any or they do not fit or whatever I just made a very small contribution to a nonprofit.


Paula

No comments: