Friday, February 7, 2014

Leroy's Birthday Gift

Hello,

I had Leroy come shopping with me so he could select his own gift. I thought he might like some new slippers because the ones that I bought for him last year fit my foot better. Hence I have been wearing my gift to him. He was unable to find slippers, but he did settle on a couple of action movies. That is good because I am ill equipped to meet such a need. Leroy and I have different taste when it comes to movies. I am hard pressed to say that he would like something when I do not have a clue what is available.

This afternoon on a trip to the grocery store, great cool walk by the way, I got him a pound of Swiss cheese. Now his birthday gift is complete. After looking on line he found some slippers that he thinks might be good. He is not quite ready to take the plunge and get them, one, what will be involved to send them back if they do not fit, and two, they cost more than he usually spends on slippers. They are the brand that he is currently wearing. We found them on a special sale. Sometimes special deals are good and sometimes they spoil us for life.

After I came home from the grocery store, we each had a rice cake with Swiss cheese on it. After all I cannot let him eat all of it. He declared it good, “but Schmeir Brick is even better.” I think that is how you spell that cheese. It is a smelly type that we buy from a cheese factory in Wisconsin. I suppose I could look it up on line and order it. Another possibility would be next summer if we are in the area to take a road trip and get some at the store.

We have both been enjoying the poinsettias. I think, however, that they must have had fruit flies on them as we are now inundated. I have put out the cider vinegar and soap. A few, maybe 50 to 70 have been enticed, but there are still many flying around. Then one of those poinsettias just drooped and dropped several leaves. Do you think nine is too many for me to remember to water all of them? Or did it just give up on life?


Paula

No comments: