Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Leroy Working

Hello,

Leroy wanted to clean the computer room this morning even though I was not so excited by the idea because I have to go to work for seven hours today. He assured me that he would do most of the work. That indeed turned out to be true. I almost felt guilty as I could hear him slaving away. Leroy does not believe in being quiet. If something pains, stresses, or strains him he makes noises such as grunting, groaning, and moaning.

I did help move the larger pieces of furniture as well as put things back. We even found two books that can be eliminated. I also noted a few other books that I will not move again, but I am not yet ready to eliminate them. Surely I will look at those books of poetry. I do not generally read poetry. At a library book sale I purchased a couple books along with the resolve to read some each day. I think that lasted about two days before they were relegated to the shelf. I had this idea that I should challenge myself and extend my interests.

For now, this room looks quite fine and it is pleasant to know that dust is gone for a day. I am not overly optimistic about how long it is before it returns. As Leroy commented, “It would be nice if we did not have the dining room table in here.”

I am not ready to eliminate that table and we do not want to store it in the attic as we feel that would stress it too much. I am grateful that we have a space for it that almost works well.

I am grateful that the snow came after I left work last night and was just a dusting. Leroy did shovel it off the sidewalk because the sun was shining a little and he was sure it would finish the clearing job.

At least with Leroy home I do not have to push myself to clean up the kitchen before I go to work. I was feeling like I would like more time to myself, but now I am wishing that he were home on Wednesday so we could finish the cleaning by doing our bedroom. Moving furniture is not easily a one person job. It will get done, but later.


Paula

No comments: