Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday

Hello,

Leroy did his pulpit supply. When I asked how he went, he said, “No one threw tomatoes. I guess it was ok”

He did enjoy seeing many of the people he knew in the past. When we came to Ely in 1984 there were only about 30 people who came to church on a Sunday. Now there are over 100 and they are looking at going into a serious building project. Also I remember them asking Leroy to make a commitment to stay for three years. That stretched to 15 years so that was not a problem.

I sang in the choir at our church this morning. I was needed as even with me there were only three sopranos. The director also joined us some or all of the time. Word has it that in the past the sopranos were the most numerous. Now we are outnumbered by every other voice even when we are all in attendance. After church we went and sang in the hospital to one of the congregation members. I was happy that it was in this hospital because I could easily walk home.

Because of the warmer weather earlier and the rain the sidewalks were mostly clear of snow. However, iced moved in. Some places it stretched for about five feet or more. I was happy that the temperatures were low enough to have dry rather than wet slippery ice. I did pull out my old lady walk, but I never slipped or felt unsafe.

This evening we will go to church for a meal and meeting. I am happy that Leroy will be able to carry the salad. Surely he will volunteer to take the load for the poor helpless female?

I am happy to know that I will walk four miles today. It does not seem like much of a chore when each mile is done by itself with a rest in between. I love destination walking.

Paula

No comments: