Friday, February 21, 2014

Predictions

Hello,

Predictions are not always the way things turn out. Even though I feel that the weather predictions are much closer than they used to be it is not always clear what will really happen. We got almost no snow. I was not out so I do not know if there was much freezing rain, but I suspect it was not too bad. Certainly the wind came close to being as fierce as predicted, but we were snug in our home and mostly ignored it.

Leroy has decided not to go to the interview at the church in Wisconsin. For some reason he was not feeling right or good about it. The pastor commented that he did not think Leroy should pursue it since he seemed to have such unease about it. Leroy felt guilty making the call canceling it, but he certainly seems lighter today, so I guess it was not to be. So much for my prediction about our future.

Leroy will be helping out the church here when one of the pastors has surgery. He is looking forward to doing that. It will start in the middle of March and include some or all of April. Mostly it will involve making nursing home visits as well as calling on shut-ins.

I have been thinking about moving my plants and it is a bit overwhelming. I cannot bear to think of parting with them, but to move all is more than will fit in one car. We could use a van from time to time.

When we left Ely, I did sell a number of my plants and I could do that again as somehow I seem to collect more as time goes on. Plants know a welcome place when they see it. It appears that this year my amaryllis will not bloom. I am sad about that, however the poinsettias are providing plenty of color to my life.

Paula

No comments: