Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More About Those Napkins

Hello,

Last May Sophia and Logan came to visit and I briefly thought about finishing sewing names on napkins. By working hard I managed to let time go by and the napkins remained an idea. I am diligent!

Brian tells me that he and his children will visit us in March. The napkins put out a plea to complete them. It was so strong that I could not ignore it. I experimented with stitches, asked Leroy’s opinion, and set to work. The first day I completed Logan’s name because it was shorter, by one letter, than Sophia. The next day I took a little time to get started on Sophia. Now I was excited. I had finished two and they looked ok. A few days later I tackled Nora, wondering why all the grandchildren could not have four letters making them just a breeze to do. Then I moved on to Olivia, rested two days, and started on the last two names that win the prize for being long; Natalie and Alexandria. I had now completed this job which would have taken many people just a week or so and not years. What can I say? I am just good.

Now my plan is to do the last two napkins with Leroy’s name and my name. At least they are not the longest names in the world. After that I will put our children and spouses on alternate colored napkins. My plan is to get all of them ready for our family get together in the spring or summer. Do you want to make bets on whether they will be done?

It might depend on our life situation and whether we move soon or not. Course if I move to a place where I do not have a job, I will have more time and no excuses. Oops, that did not work in the past.


Paula

No comments: