Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Guilt and Relaxation

Hello,

By the end of the day I think it would have be quite fine to drive to work yesterday, but it was difficult to commit to that since I had a diminished number of hours left by the time the snow stopped. I had felt that it would be worse to drive out in the country, but I just talked to someone who told me that it was worse in the city and the highway had clear pavement. I hate to think about it, but my boss probably worked a 12 hour day since she is the only one who lives in town. That is where guilt steps in.

On the other hand, Leroy and I spent some time watching the end of the Downton Abby season. That was good because it needed to be returned today and we could not renew it as others had it on hold.

Both of us did a bit of reading and a bit of shoveling. So it was a good day overall.

Today I am enjoying the poinsettias with the sun lighting them up with a spotlight. Also feel a tiny bit of guilt since I have gotten such beauty free. However, I think if they had been left in the church they would be in the compost pile. Not a bad place for them, but there is still joy to be had.

One of our neighbors had made a narrow path in the snow with his shovel all the way to the end of the block going past three other houses. I thought that was quite generous of him as he is certainly not responsible for any other house except his own. Maybe extremes bring out the good in all. Instead of praying for the good and easy should we pray for the hard and difficult to bring out the best in all of us?


Paula

No comments: