Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Hello,

Leroy and I do not do much for Valentine’s Day. But this year turned out to be a big deal. I went grocery shopping and did a little bit of browsing because I dropped off a box of extras at Goodwill. While there, because there were almost no other customers I decided to see if I could find some skinny jeans that might fit me. I do not like to search for these things, especially if there are a lot of people in the same space. The first pair seemed ok until I drew them up to my hips where they refused to go farther. The second pair went up the required distance, but there was too much material in the waste and hip area. The trouble began when I tried to take them off. My feet are no heavier than the rest of me, but they are long and bony with a high arch. At first tug I could not get the leg opening to slide off my ankle and past my foot. Three tries later I had a vision of me stuck in the fitting room at Goodwill with jeans, too large at the top and too small at the bottom. Who could help me? And how could they help me? Besides I did not like the music that was playing and I wanted to leave. By jamming my finger in the leg opening and pulling down forcefully I managed to get off first one leg and then the other. I didn’t need more jeans anyway!

Leroy did help me carry groceries up the stairs so I only had to make one trip up instead of two.

He had hoped I would come home a bit later because he was almost done cleaning the living room. That was to be my Valentine’s Day gift. I did help him move some things back, but other than that he did it all. I consider it quite a fine gift.

We only have two more rooms to clean; our bedroom and the computer room. We will be done with this deep cleaning task. I have to confess that it has been since we moved in so there were some dust bunnies lurking and growing. In the middle of next month we will have been here for two years.


Paula

No comments: