Monday, February 10, 2014

Ordinary Day

Hello,

What does ordinary mean these days? No special jobs to do, temperatures below zero, and beautiful sunshine on the snow in the trees. Zero and above seem like a heat wave. Adaptability comes to the body, even the old ones. When Leroy was in the seminary and we first lived in MN, there were eleven days in a row that it did not get above zero and that was at the end of February. Could such a thing happen here? Even though Leroy does not feel comfortable riding his bike to work I still see bicycles on the street. Those are hardy, daring people.

Another part of an ordinary day is that I did my exercises. A part of that is reminding me to sit or stand with a tight core and straight body, working seriously for some parts of the day. When did I get to be such a slouch?

I just saw another bicycle go by. The temp, in spite of the sun, is still at -8, better than the -15 with which the day started. Go bicycles go!

Leroy will be home tomorrow. I am considering making him a “to do” list so he will not be bored. Do you think he would like that gift?

He has not yet watched his movies and I gather some time will be taken up with that because he knows that I will not especially appreciate them.


Paula

No comments: