Tuesday, December 24, 2013

White Chirstmas

Hello,

Because of the cold temperatures after the snow we are having that ideal of a white Christmas. I am amazed at how songs have influenced our lives. Surely people who have grown up in a snowless area would not think of this if not for that song that makes it seem the thing to have, snow. I do like a white Christmas, but then I like the beauty of snow at almost any time. At noon it is now up to zero at our house. Soon I will walk to the grocery store that is only four blocks away. I am hoping that the sidewalks are not slippery.

Leroy and I have been having trouble getting the cars into the garage. There is an incline just as we enter the garage. Unfortunately it is difficult to get lined up so that we can just drive straight up that incline. Last night I almost hit the side of the garage door as I made my second attempt to get in. I made it but the side mirror missed the frame by mere centimeters. When I told Leroy about it he had little or a lot of sympathy as he said, “The same thing happened to me.”

We have no ice melt stuff, but someone at work told him it does not matter because it is too cold for it to work. This morning when Leroy left it was -17. We do not have any sand, but I went out and swept out the garage as well as I could with one car sitting in there. So now there is debris on that incline including some sand that dropped off the tires.

Leroy is home from work and he declares he still needed two passes to get up the incline, but he had the car with the wheels pointing straight ahead and that helped to keep him from slipping. He did not think my sweeping made much difference, but that the garage is cleaner.


Paula

No comments: