Sunday, December 29, 2013

Brisk Walk

Hello,

A brisk wind and cool, 21 degree, temperature help us to get to church in record time. We felt as if we had accomplished something. On the walk home we groused a bit as the wind was in our faces more and a check of the temp showed a drop of three degrees in addition to the stronger wind. “It is so nice to be home in the warm place,” Leroy stated as we got in with the door shut behind us. There is indeed a strong sense of well being.

Even though it is Sunday I am making bread because we are out and Leroy likes to have some for his lunch tomorrow. I am also making bean soup and cornbread for supper. Yes, the oven will run contributing to that sense of cozy warmth. We are so fortunate.

Leroy is busy working on stamps and I am on the computer in the same room, sharing space and breathing the same air, but occupied with different activities. Nice togetherness. Leroy has some vacation time that he must take so he will work Monday and then be home for the rest of the week. He is not sure what he will do with himself. I will only be gone on Monday and Thursday so I could keep him busy if he would like to do what I want to have done. Cleaning? We have not moved in about two years so there is some deeper cleaning that could be tackled. I do not want to push my guy, but I do not want him sitting around bored either. Although I did see that creativity comes from times of boredom.

We could even play some games. I enjoy doing that. Leroy likes games too, but he gets tired of it faster than I do. There is too much cold outside in the next few days so we will probably find indoor things to occupy our minds. Now the temp is down to 7, definitely indoor activities will be on the docket.


Paula

No comments: