Sunday, December 8, 2013

Memories

Hello,

Memories are great if you can just pull them out of your head. There were things I wanted to tell about our trip to SLC, but I am having a hard time locating them in my brain. I do know that when I got in Miriam’s car at the airport I was pleased and astonished at how well I could see out all of the windows. Because I suspected that Andy is responsible, in addition, I know he likes to make cars look better, I felt that he should stop on one of his many cross country trips and just clean my car windows. It seems that will not happen. So the other day it was raining when I drove home from work. I was proud of myself for remembering when I pulled in the garage to clean off the windows since they were already wet. Even though they are not as clean as Andy’s standards would dictate, they are much cleaner than they were previously. Hopefully it means I will drive safer when I can see more clearly.

The girls, Leroy, I, and sometimes their parents enjoyed going out to look at Christmas lights in their neighborhood. We did that many days when we were staying with them two years ago. I found myself looking for those special displays even though I had not seen them for such a long time.

The morning we left the city it had snowed about an inch. Miriam took us to the trax or light rail station about a mile from their house. Both of the girls were awake at an early hour so they went along. We stood on the platform waiting for the train in the cold wind and snow. A young man asked something about the area. I could not answer his question. I did tell him that I was going downtown and which train that would be. Then after he had wandered around a bit he asked if we had $1.25 to pay for his ticket. I found a dollar and he thanked me before he headed off to find someone who had the other quarter. Then he had to ask someone which train to get on. As Leroy said he seemed not to be quite on top of understanding. I just hope he got to his destination.


Paula

No comments: