Friday, December 20, 2013

I am Good

Hello,

I am so good at procrastinating that I still have not produced a Christmas letter. Surely it could have been done before Christmas. It will be done before Christmas, but not in anyone’s mailbox before Christmas. Oh well, we all like to get mail at anytime, right? I was a bit jealous to receive Christmas cards right after Thanksgiving. Boy some of you are just too organized. Actually I have written two letters, but not approved of either. I wanted to write the Christmas letter of the century and it did not flow from my fingers or my brain or wherever it comes from. Leroy thought one letter was fine, but I thought it was much too serious.  After all we live “light and humorous” lives. I have set a deadline for myself. Today will be it, since I do not want to drive anywhere and do anything as the rubber will meet the ice in one place or another. No off putting excuses are making themselves known.

No shopping for this chick today. Leroy assures me that he will not cry if I do not procure enough presents for under the tree, be sad maybe, but not cry.

Technology is good as Leroy and I just realized that I can email the Christmas letter to him to “proof” or add to and he can get it printed at work where they charge a small fee. It will not be on the Christmas paper that I have moved at least once, but maybe twice. Paper that I said I would not move again, I will probably move it again. I do have some stickers here and I can decorate the final result on plain paper. I have a few cards and they will be mailed because I said, “I am not moving these again.” A possible household move looming on the horizon certainly changes one’s perspective on the importance of some items. Perhaps the real message that I have been ignoring, is “lighten the load, Paula”. Instead I thought the message was, “Don’t get too attached to places, there is more to learn.”

Have a good safe day.


Paula

No comments: