Thursday, December 12, 2013

Health Care

Hello,

We are working on getting Medicare, but it is not so easy. Leroy figured out how to do his on line, with no previous contact it was relatively simple. Because I am adding to my coverage I needed to speak to a live person. Luckily it did not take the hour that was predicted before a person was ready to talk to me. Today I got the papers that I must fill out. But it looks as if my health coverage should have stopped already rather than it will stop in the future. Oh well, it is beyond my worries, right? It will mean talking to more people or filling out more papers.

On another theme, I had to go in and have blood drawn yesterday because I had not fasted when I saw the Dr. the other day. After an hour of being home, I thought the strapped on pressure was painful so I took it off. Possible two or three hours later I noticed that I had a large walnut sized bulge on my arm next to the poke hole. Luckily it did not hurt.

This morning at yoga, because I had short sleeves, I showed it to the other people. The general consensus was that I should see the Dr. One friend who knew I was not anxious to take this step called me twice to see if I had contacted them yet. At that point, I used the new system of contacting the Dr. and got a timely reply. I stopped there on my way home from work. It was deemed not dangerous at this time, but a hematoma which could develop into something more. Symptoms of that circumstance were described. In the meantime I am to apply heat two or three times a day.

I am still happy that it does not hurt. Pain does have a role to play in grabbing our attention. If others, who would not feel my pain anyway, had not seen this I would have ignored it because it did not hurt making it seem like a small issue.


Paula

No comments: