Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas or is it Advent?

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy and I got out and put up Christmas decorations even though it is not yet Christmas, but Advent. Actually it was Leroy who fetched all of the items from the attic. Because it is so cold up there he up on a stocking cap and gloves before venturing up the steps. I did stand on the steps and help hoist boxes over the board that is keeping the insulation corralled. It was not such a big job to get the three or four big boxes down into the warm.

The first task was to put up the tree. That was the easiest thing. Our tree does not have preset lights so while Leroy was putting up the tree I checked the light strings. One strand had three lights that did not work. We did not have the proper replacement lights, but Leroy managed to put the bulbs in the other holder so it all works well now. We managed to get the lights on the tree with only a couple terse statements. Then we put on the gold strands that I call garland and Leroy calls something else. I personally felt he did not loop them enough, but I mostly stayed on my side of the tree tamping down feelings. The ornaments went on just fine. My philosophy is to put them all on unless they are broken.

The real grumpiness came when trying to decide how to organize the rest of the space with the tree gobbling up more than its share. Since last year we have acquired another chair that Brian returned to us. I had talked about getting rid of one of the other chairs, but had not followed through on that task. In the end we put the coffee table, complete with a crèche set, on the dining room table which resides in the computer room. It is rather crazy and for a while I was a bit out of shape about it, but I have now come around to liking it and my shape is better, leaning more to the positive angle.

We “found” our advent calendars. Sarah has expressed interest in the advent calendar which we made when we lived in Ely. It will be mailed to her tomorrow as I have already packed it. See all you have to do is state that you would like something and I will ship it to you. How is that for lightening our load? But you can’t have our bed. We still like to sleep on it.


Paula

No comments: