Monday, December 9, 2013

Trip home from SLC

Hello,

We were late getting to the airport, but I figured there was nothing I could do about it, so did not fret much. Our train was just a little late coming to our stop. At one stop downtown, more and more people keep dashing up some steps and getting on. With this train someone inside can open the doors even though they have closed preparatory to moving on. I believe we sat in this spot an extra five minutes as wave after wave of hurryers came into sight. Our car became one of standing room only.

By the time we got to the airport we were about 15 to 30 minutes late. Leroy and I were told to get in X line at security. It seemed the other lines were moving faster, but I realized that was an illusion as they were looping back and forth so much and we just had one bend ahead. When we reached that bend I could hear the instructions to the people ahead of us. It seemed most of our predecessors were families with children. They could all leave their shoes on, jackets on, liquids could stay in wherever, and only pockets should be emptied. We were in a limited or scan express line. How nice was that?  Most of the adults had some liquid put on their hands, but not me. Maybe I looked like a kid? Leroy was selected randomly to get it before and after. In spite of this little additional quick move we did not sit at the gate waiting to board, but just got on the plane. However the plane did not take off quickly because it needed to be de-iced and that took about 45 minutes. We had plenty of extra time in Denver so it was not an issue. We even got to take walks there and I could hear the birds singing in the terminal, but could not see them. I have seen them in the past, and they are quite ordinary sparrows. Do they ever experience the outdoors?


Paula

No comments: