Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

Hello,

It has been a wonderful day. I had not looked forward to just being Leroy and I, but time exceeded my expectations for possible good. First I am going to regress a little and confess that I was a little upset last night because the choir did not sing Happy Birthday to me. I figured that Leroy had forgotten to mention it, even though I had extended that surprise on his birthday last year, grumble, and grumble in my head. I kept trying to not feel bad after all I am a big girl. Surely it should not be something that I would notice very much. Finally I spoke to Leroy about it only to learn that he had talked to the director days earlier. She also had someone else with a birthday a day after mine that she talked about when he told her. We think she just had too many responsibilities with choir, bell choir, brass group, and other duets. Plus this was going on at two services with different groups that needed to practice. After that conversation I felt much better. At least Leroy had not forgotten about me.

Leroy had asked for a small toolbox. When we were out and about we saw a small one and a larger one. The larger one cost less than the small one. Leroy drooled a bit over both, so I got both of them. He happened to open the larger one first. He made a good stab at hiding his feelings of dismay but I could tell he had really wanted that smaller one because the hinges had broken on his. When he finally opened the smaller one the big grin came back. I was pleased to make him a little anxious knowing that he would be satisfied. He promptly worked on filling first the small one and then a bit went into the larger one as well.

We have eaten sweets today as I did not expect. I got a box of chocolate covered nuts from my job. I do not generally eat chocolate as I do not feel good after I eat it. I did take a little bit of two of them and gave the remainder to Leroy. That is going to be a gift to him. Then we are eating krumkaka, saffron buns, and cranberry apple crisp (although I made it was no sugar the apples are sweet).

It has been a wonderful day of relaxation. Leroy even got out his stamps and did something with them –maybe organizing. He was as happy as a clam.

Paula

No comments: