Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Practicing

Hello,

Shoulders back, head back. That was my mantra yesterday when I thought of it which was surprisingly frequently. I do not sit very well at the computer at work. Definitely more effort is required to keep my shoulders back when I would like to hunch, lean or slouch. I did some yoga specifically aimed at neck and shoulders this morning.

On a side note one young woman told me about doing the plank poise for 3 minutes. The first day I could do one min. 15 seconds. The second day I did one min. 20 sec. I did much less the next day and rested the following. Leroy did the plank for 3 min. 10 sec. this morning. Show off! But that is just fine to let him beat me at something.

I ran two errands this morning. My down coat has been given away as were some socks, turtle necks, a sweater, and an afghan. I delivered my application which included the part Leroy’s employers filled in for Medicare part B. The lovely person at the desk assured me that it would all come together before Feb. 1 when I need to have it be in place. Relax, Paula. The next step will be to visit, along with Leroy, SHIP so we know what to do about supplemental coverage.  I am grateful to have these resources in easy driving or walking distance.

I love the set up with my Dr. Office where I can log in and see my test results online. They send me an email so I know to look. For some reason my cholesterol dropped below 200. In my entire time of checking on it, I think this is a first.  It was 192 so not much below, but below. Maybe it is that daily dose of vinegar and honey. I am not getting older, I am getting better. All other reported blood aspects seemed good as well, luckily they showed a range and all were in the range. I really do not know what some of these things were, but they were good.


Paula

No comments: