Sunday, December 22, 2013

Going to Church

Hello,

Leroy woke up at 5:15, laid there for a few minutes, breathed loudly, looked at the clock waking me, and said, “I’m getting up and start shoveling as I am lecturing and need to get to church on time.”

I loitered a little while before I went out to help him. In the 25 degree temperature I like this shoveling task. Beauty is all around, light is abundant, not from the sun, but still ok effect, and the snow is light weight.

We finished that job, came in, showered, ate breakfast, read devotions, brushed teeth, bundled up, and headed off to church. Leroy led the way most of the time, creating a path. Where appropriate we walked in the street if there was a path. Even though I barely kept up I was breathing deeply by the time we reached church ahead of time, but not much ahead. Leroy declared it more work and slowing us down “to slog through snow.” Oh, no I forgot to put on lipstick oh well, not many saw me.

I suspect there were about 20 of us there for this early service. I could almost believe that I was in a small church once again. Certainly there is a more intimate feeling to it all.

We have plans today to make krumkaka, fruit salad and go to one of Leroy’s co-workers house for an evening party. At the moment that is under discussion because the house is across town. It will probably be ok to go there as main streets will be cleared. Course this person lives on a quiet residential street. I suspect that will be the most difficult navigation chore. Unfortunately there is ice under this snow which makes it somewhat tricky.


Paula 

No comments: