Monday, December 23, 2013

Leroy's Office Party

Hello,

We went to Leroy’s office party. Driving there was no problem as much of all streets were clear giving plenty of traction spots when there was a bit of ice. Those road workers do deserve thanks.

I am always a little nervous when going to gatherings where I do not know most people. Plenty of people spoke to me so that was all good too. One thing I did notice was that Leroy is definitely the oldest worker on this team. Some of these people look wet behind the ears, whatever that means. Certainly they were just out of school. There are some middle aged workers, but none older than that. How did we ever get to be the oldest people around? I suppose this will happen more and more if we live long enough.

This party was nice because families are invited so there were a number of children there from preschool to college age. I spoke with some of the preschoolers and one of the high schoolers, so there was not a lot of interaction. Those kids of a certain age all seemed to be on their phones, but still talking to each other.

On the way home we saw a great gas price so even though my tank was not so low, we filled up. Gas prices on the west side of town are almost 20 cents per gallon cheaper than our neighborhood. Why that should be I cannot imagine.

Now that we have a new camera we no longer can use the spare battery for our old camera. That is also true of the memory chip. I suggested that we try to sell them on some electronic media site. Just why they do not work I cannot say, especially since the chip looks much the same. New technology means all new stuff I guess. Oops, I forgot we are still using our 40 year old rabbit ears for our TV. Who would have thought?

Paula



                                                           

No comments: