Friday, December 27, 2013

Technology

Hello,

I am grateful for technology and that includes computers as well as the many advances because of them.

On Christmas day we had a four way web chat with our children. Five years ago we could not have done this. We opened the gifts that we were given from these family members as all watched from different parts of the country. Stephen had this great idea, thanks. I felt connected. The suggestion was so the grandkids could see these cousins that they seldom get to see in the flesh, but I think I enjoyed it more than they did. The quality was not as good as when we only visit with one other person, but it was quite easy to see all if they got in line with the camera. For some reason they could not hear Leroy and I very well, but if we shouted they could figure out what we were trying to say. We could not find the right place to turn up the microphone volume. So technology still wins some of the struggles and hides its treasure.

Today I realized I forgot to pay the credit card bill last month. I have no good excuse for that, but I did not want to pay the service charge even though it was my fault. I called Miriam to find out what she does about such a thing. She is good at talking her way through many things. After three attempts to call and speak to a live person I finally connected. There is that phone technology working for us. The human being was quite helpful and got rid of the charge. Afterwards I paid the bill immediately on the computer. It will be a few days before it is completed, but it is in the works and will be paid well ahead of the next due date.

I even took the car to get it washed. Don’t faint, but it was probably six months ago when it was last washed. This place has humans and technology so it was cleaned inside and out. Most importantly to me, it was dried, including the door jams. They were quite busy in the warm weather that follows the slush attaching itself to cars from some snow melt. Cold weather is coming again soon.


Paula

No comments: