Friday, November 1, 2013

Long Day

Hello,

I had been thinking that I left Detroit at 2:30, but it was really 3:40. Even with the time zone change I did not have so very much time to get home and then go to work. We had planned on using the buses, but I would have just missed it so once again I called our landlady and “begged” for a ride. She said that we have done so much for them that she was happy to return a favor.

Just fifteen minutes before my co-worker had to leave; I arrived to take on library duty. It was great to be there. Somehow it seemed that I had been away longer than a week.

My work was over at 8:00, but Leroy’s plane would not land until 8:50. Because the airport is on the way home, I stayed at the library and looked at my personal email, Facebook, etc. I pulled into the cell phone lot to find that I was the only one there. By 9:00 one other car showed up and about five minutes later Leroy called me. Other people were waiting, but they just parked in front of the building.

This flight was not full with a only bit more than half of the seats taken. Leroy said that the voucher for the evening meal was bigger than the one he had gotten for lunch. He was able to spend it all and feel satisfied with what he got.

He tells me that he was lonely after I left. I unfortunately took one of the magazines with me as I had it in hand. So he was soon out of reading material. Walking is not so easy when he had to carry his bag with him, but he managed.

It was a long day as we had gotten up at 4:00 am EDT and the day was over at 10:00 pm CDT. But all in all it was not a bad day, after all, we earned more money than we have ever done before in one day. Now can we make that best use of those airfare vouchers? I certainly hope so. Miriam tells us that we can spend all the money if we take enough trips, but Leroy cannot put his two vouchers together on any trip.


Paula

No comments: